More News From NowHere
СтатистикаWorld News. Geopolitical Chess. Oil & Energy. All That B$. Local Sources. Broader Perspective. Eagle Eyes. Vox Populi. newsfromnow.substack.com
- Последний пост
- 14 авг.
- Последнее чтение
- 05:07
- Постов за неделю
- 72
- Всего постов
- 73
- Тип
- открытый
- Язык
- английский
- Категория
- Новости и СМИ
- В каталоге с
- 13 авг.
- 1/24сутки в ленте
- 1
- 1/48двое суток
- 1
- 1/72трое суток
- 1
Оценка по просмотрам недавних постов: пост набирает почти всё за первые сутки.
Посты
UPDATE | Four crew members killed in Ansarallah attack on cargo ship in Bab al-Mandab Four crew members were killed Ansarallah attacked a cargo vessel in the Bab al-Mandab Strait on Tuesday, Yemen’s Transport Ministry said. Pakistan’s foreign minister confirmed that three Pakistani nationals were killed. Yemen’s Transport Ministry said an Indonesian national was also among the dead and that the crew lost control of the vessel following the attack. The Yemeni Coast Guard said two rescuers from the National Resistance Forces (NRF) were killed when Ansarallah launched a second attack after rescue teams arrived. Ten people were wounded, including seven crew members, two Coast Guard personnel and one NRF member, the Coast Guard said.
Iran pursues bilateral, trilateral monetary cooperation with BRICS members Speaking at the BRICS summit in India, Iranian Central Bank Governor Abdolnasser Hemmati praised New Delhi’s leadership of the group and said Iran and India had begun strengthening cooperation in monetary, banking and digital economy sectors. Hemmati said the summit offered a key opportunity to meet officials from BRICS member states with which Iran has the most significant monetary and banking ties. He said Tehran believed BRICS members could conduct trade using their national currencies and was pursuing bilateral and trilateral monetary cooperation with other members of the bloc. (Mehr News Agency)
Pentagon admits US strikes on Yemen killed over 150 civilians last year The Pentagon has officially confirmed to the US Congress that its military operations against the Yemeni armed forces last year resulted in the deaths of 153 civilians and left 243 others wounded, according to a report published by The Hill. The figures were detailed in a 12-page document submitted to the Senate Armed Services Committee on Monday, which explicitly cataloged three separate lethal operations carried out during the month of April last year. Among the operations cited are an 6 April strike in Sanaa that killed five civilians, a devastating bombing on the Ras Isa port on 17 April that claimed 80 lives, and a subsequent attack in late April that killed another 47 people. Despite acknowledging these extensive civilian casualties, the Pentagon's disclosure notes that an additional 15 separate incidents stemming from its aggressive campaign remain actively under review.
⭕️ Jewish settlers surrounded the home of the Abu Rida family in the town of Qusra, south of Nablus in the occupied West Bank, and erected fencing around the property to tighten the siege on the family, according to local sources and documentation.
Venezuela restores diplomatic ties with Israel Israel has been gaining ground in Latin America as the region shifts toward the far-right, influenced by the so-called 'Donroe Doctrine' aiming to prioritize US interests in the hemisphere
EU scrambles to supply Ukraine with missile interceptors as western arsenal runs dry European states say their stocks have fallen to dangerously low levels ahead of an expected 'winter assault' by Russia
Former Mossad chief claims Israeli operatives visited Iran’s Fordo nuclear facility ‘many times’ Former Mossad chief Yossi Cohen claimed on Tuesday that Israeli operatives had visited Iran’s Fordo uranium enrichment facility on multiple occasions in the past. “We toured the Fordo nuclear site many times in order to understand the site,” Cohen said during the Galilee Forum in Safed, according to Hebrew media reports. He did not specify when the visits occurred or identify those who took part. “[The site] being bombed by the Americans was the fulfillment of all my dreams,” Cohen added.
VIDEO | According to local reports, including from by the Israeli organization Breaking The Silence, a Palestinian family is being besieged by Israeli occupation forces and Jewish settlers in Qusra, in the West Bank. "No one is allowed in or out: no food, no ambulances, no journalists," Breaking The Silence noted.
Palestinian officials report over 5,400 casualties in Gaza since start of US-backed 'ceasefire' Israel continues to carry out airstrikes and expand its occupation of the besieged strip, while maintaining restrictions on aid
Trump-linked oil firm to begin drilling in Greenland without official permission: Report Nuuk states that the landing of the drilling equipment was never authorized, even as the energy company plans to begin drilling in October
IRGC Quds Force chief in Baghdad for high level talks with govt, resistance The visit coincides with an aggressive push by Washington to disarm Tehran’s allies in the Iraqi resistance
❗️Russia says Syria base deal will strengthen bilateral ties Russia’s Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday that an agreement with Syria on the future of Moscow’s military bases in the country marked an important step that would strengthen bilateral relations, the state-run RIA news agency reported. Syria’s state news agency reported on Sunday that Damascus and Moscow had reached a memorandum of understanding on the future of Russian bases in Tartous and Hmeimim following 18 months of intensive negotiations. Under the agreement, the Syrian state will assume control of civilian facilities, including Hmeimim airport and the commercial berth at Tartous port, with the sites to be gradually incorporated into Syria’s civilian administration. Military facilities will be converted into joint training centres, with the transition expected to be completed within three months, the ministry was quoted as saying.
❗️Oil slick near Oman nature reserve spreads across nearly 400 square kilometers Leaking crude oil from a tanker grounded near a nature reserve in Oman has spread across nearly 400 square kilometers, the Omani government said on Monday. The Caroline Bezengi, carrying nearly one million barrels of Russian crude bound for Asia, first encountered problems off Yemen on 8 June. Two maritime security sources to Reuters said initial assessments suggested an explosion had occurred aboard the vessel. No group has claimed responsibility for the incident. Oman publicly disclosed the environmental impact for the first time on Monday, saying authorities were working to contain the oil leak near the Hallaniyat Islands. Sultan Haitham bin Tariq established a nature reserve around the islands last year, protecting an area inhabited by species including Arabian Sea humpback whales and Socotra cormorants. Greenpeace estimated last week that the spill had reached around 600 square kilometers, based on an analysis of satellite imagery.
ADNOC weighs east coast gas terminal to bypass Hormuz Fifteen ADNOC tankers have been struck since the start of the war on Iran
ADNOC Logistics & Services raises 2026 profit outlook for third time after 300% Q2 surge ADNOC Logistics & Services (ADNOC L&S), a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi state oil company ADNOC, raised its 2026 profit outlook for the third time on Tuesday after reporting a 300% year-on-year increase in second-quarter profit, driven by stronger shipping charter rates and record operational performance. Net profit climbed to $917 million in the second quarter, up from $228.8 million a year earlier. Citing continued strength in shipping markets, ADNOC L&S raised its 2026 revenue growth forecast to the mid-20% range, compared with its previous projection of low single-digit growth. The company also increased its 2026 net profit growth guidance to above 110%, from its earlier forecast of more than 60%, while warning that full-year performance would remain dependent on developments in the region.
без подписи
👁🔍 Need more proof UN is a CIA front? See its contract with Palantir The United Nations’ World Food Program is extending its contract with Palantir, giving the US-based, Zionist-backed surveillance and digital kill chain maker control over vital database, logistics and supply chain infrastructure responsible for nearly 100% of its food and aid distribution networks. The five-year extension comes despite warnings in a 2025 WFP inspector general audit that the use of Palantir’s Foundry and customized DOTS application and data engine had created critical, “high priority” risks to data integrity. Alongside aid flows, Palantir has access WFP’s biometric database – one of the largest repositories of its kind in the world, and including info ranging from fingerprints, iris scans and facial ID to real-time location, family structure, phone numbers, etc. Palantir wormed its way into the agency in 2019 through a pro bono contract with a classic tech bro ‘user agreement’-style line reserving itself “the right to utilize data for performance improvement of the system,” including “to train algorithms.” 💬 “The data that WEP and other humanitarian agencies have access to about some of the world’s most vulnerable people provides an otherwise unavailable training data set for understanding how civilian populations physically move during conflict, seek food, water and shelter, and provides insights to their mortality and morbidity,” humanitarian researcher Nathaniel Raymond has warned. 🔊 That makes such agencies “de facto stewards of both the personally and demographically identifiable information about the prime targets of multiple global militaries and intelligence services,” he added. Worst of all? Many WFP staff are themselves apparently “disturbed” by the partnership, especially in light of Karp’s recent techno-fascist manifesto. Some consider Palantir’s software itself crap. 🔊 “It doesn’t bring anything new compared to what is already available on the open internet. It’s like they put some makeup on a product that already existed,” one staffer told European media. That begs the question: why was the contract renewed? ⚔️ PS: No wonder the Houthis kicked WFP out of Yemen. 👍 Boost us | Chat | @geopolitics_prime
🇺🇸 US seeks HIMARS replacement The US Army launched the Affordable High Speed Strike (AHSS) program for a ground-based missile with range over 1000 km, launchable from M142 HIMARS. Key requirements: high speed, range >1000 km, low cost for mass production, and flexibility in propulsion (solid-fuel or air-breathing). $246 million is allocated for development in 2027-2031. AHSS complements PrSM Increment 4 (also 1000+ km) and includes offensive counter-air missions, giving ground forces a role in air superiority. This reflects Pentagon's shift toward affordable, scalable deep strike systems, turning HIMARS into a universal long-range platform. @Slavyangrad
🇾🇪After a week of intense attacks on Saudi-backed mercenaries, the Houthis have launched a ground offensive against the strategically important port city of Mocha on the Red Sea coast. In the past 24 hours, they have advanced several kilometers, capturing a number of settlements. The front line had been largely static since the late 2010s, but now the offensive has resumed. The loss of Mocha would be a significant blow to the Saudis and their Yemeni allies, while the Houthis would be able to strengthen their control over the Red Sea and the Bab-el-Mandeb Strait. It is likely that the Saudis will make efforts in the coming days to halt or at least slow down the Houthi advance. Furthermore, it is expected that the Houthis may also launch an offensive in the province of Marib in the coming days, which is strategically important for the control of Yemen by the occupying forces. @Slavyangrad
Europe faces WINTER gas crunch as Iran war disrupts LNG supplies — Bloomberg European gas storage is at 59%, the lowest seasonal level in records dating back to 2009, as disruption in the Strait of Hormuz continues Europe heads into winter WITHOUT its gas buffer اروپا به خاطر جنگ ایران و اختلال در عرضه الانجی، با بحران گاز تو زمستان روبروئه — بلومبرگ ذخایر گاز اروپا به ۵۹ درصد رسیده که پایینترین میزان فصلی از سال ۲۰۰۹ محسوب میشه، چون اختلال تو تنگه هرمز ادامه داره اروپا بدون ذخیره گاز وارد زمستان میشه